We aim to provide a Team Leader for each of HandsOn San Diego's projects. Team Leaders are dedicated volunteers who combine their passion for a cause with their leadership skills. They manage volunteers at projects and act as a liaison between HandsOn San Diego and our project partners. Team Leaders instill a sense of community at our projects that inspires volunteers to keep coming back.
- Act as a liaison between HandsOn San Diego and our project partners.
- Respond to volunteer and HandsOn San Diego inquiries in a timely manner.
- Record attendance and impact measurements for each project within 48 hours.
- Follow our guidelines and checklists for Team Leaders.
- Ensure that the project begins, runs, and ends smoothly for all.
- Positively represent HandsOn San Diego.
- Commit to leading at least one project per month/quarter for a minimum of 6-12 months.
Time Commitment: About 4 hours per month per project.
- Opportunities to enhance leadership skills (organization, management, communication, resourcefulness), including supplemental professional development opportunities.
- Meet like-minded people who share your passion to serve the community.
- Enhance your résumé and expand your network.
- Increase your impact as a volunteer by leading others.
How to Become a Team Leader:
- Attend at least 2-3 different HandsOn San Diego projects.
- Apply using our Volunteer Leader Interest Form (must be logged in).
- We will follow-up after your application with an email and a phone call.
- Attend a training. You can sign up here or schedule one by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pick a project that aligns with your passions here.
- Complete and pass a background check online.
- Complete online training (20 min) for using our database system.