About Community Project Partnership
HandsOn San Diego partners with local nonprofits, schools and parks across San Diego County to set up group-based service projects for volunteers that may meet an ongoing need of an organization or its clients, or they may be one-time transformations of facilities or green spaces. We recruit volunteers and aim to match each project with a trained Team Leader with a goal that both the community partner and the volunteers have a positive experience.
► How it works:
- By becoming a community project partner, you will work with HandsOn San Diego to remove the barriers that keep people from taking action in their community.
- Sample projects include serving a monthly meal, sorting donated goods, tending to a garden, or weekly tutoring. Most projects are held on weekday evenings (after 5:00pm) and weekends.
- For all of our projects we aim to provide HandsOn San Diego managed and trained Team Leaders who serve as the liaisons between the organization and the volunteers.
- Our Project Calendar provides an easy way for volunteers to sign up for projects, track service hours and learn about new opportunities.
- HandsOn San Diego is also an affiliate of HandsOn Network, the largest network of local volunteer centers around the world. Their 250 HandsOn Volunteer Action Centers engage 21st century volunteers to use their time, talent, voice and money to create change in their communities.