Frequently Asked Questions - For Partners
► How do I get my organization involved?
► Can I post my volunteer opportunities on your site?
► What are the benefits of partnering with HandsOn San Diego?
► What volunteer opportunities are appropriate for HandsOn San Diego's calendar?
► What volunteer opportunities are not appropriate for HandsOn San Diego's calendar?
► Our organization has limitations on who can volunteer, what can we set?
► How do I update the description of my project?
► Still have more questions or concerns?
Visit our About Partnership page to see whether you're a good fit and to learn more about what we can do for you.
No, HandsOn San Diego does not provide a general online listing or posting service. The projects on our calendar are projects that we set up and manage with our community partners. If you require a long-term commitment from volunteers or want to list other service opportunities with your organization, VolunteerMatch would be your best resource. To learn out more about partnering with HandsOn San Diego, check out our About Partnership page.
- By becoming a project partner, you will work with us to remove the barriers that keep people from taking action in their community by making volunteering easy to access.
- Our projects and sign up process is convenient for volunteers. Most projects are held on weekday evenings (after 5:00pm) and weekends, convenient times for most volunteers. Our Project Calendar provides an easy way for volunteers to sign up for projects, track service hours and learn about new opportunities.
- We have a marketing team dedicated to driving traffic to our website and filling all the projects on our calendar. Our goal is to ensure your project is impactfull by making sure it's full of motivated volunteers.
- HandsOn San Diego is also an affiliate of the Points of Light Global Network, the largest network of local volunteer action centers around the world. Their 200+ affiliates engage volunteers to use their time, talent, voice and money to create change in their communities.
Check our our current calendar for ideas. We can always brainstorm with your organization. Here are some ways we've supported our partner organizations:
- Meal service/food distribution
- Supporting physical/music therapy groups
- Habitat restoration
- Litter removal
- Sorting donations
- Packing hygiene kits
- Crafting items to be donated
Our volunteer calendar focuses on group-oriented, direct impact projects within San Diego County that the average person can sign up and show up when they're available. Typically we're not able to support the following opportunities:
- Fundraising or collecting donations for your organization
- Advocacy or collecting signatures
- We're not a politically affiliated organization.
Many of our volunteers after getting introduced to new organizations, start getting more involved and finding more ways they can give back to your organization directly. At our projects, you can always let volunteers know about additional ways to support your organization.
The partner organization determines the appropriate age of volunteers at their project both with and without a parent/guardian. The partner organization can also determine whether or not they would like their project to allow court-ordered volunteers. Our site only permits court-ordered volunteers with non-violent offenses to sign up for our projects (theft, traffic violation, DUI, etc).
You can e-mail updated descriptions to us at email@example.com.
► A former staff member set up our partnership with HandsOn, can I log into their account to adminster our projects?
No, we require each user to have their own unique account. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're a new staff member at a partner organization to set up your training and create your account.
Email us at email@example.com to tell us who you are and the problem you're running into.