Volunteer for San Diego Gives
San Diego Gives is a 24-hour online fundraiser, focused on addressing the needs of our own community. It shines a light on the tremendous work of local nonprofit organizations throughout our community.
For 2022 San Diego Gives has some BIG goals:
- Raise at least $2 million for participating nonprofits.
- Engage a minimum of 4,000 donors, with at least 40% of these new givers.
- Expand the campaign to include at least 250 organizations.
- At least 75% of donors will report that the campaign positively affected their giving.
- At least 75% of participating nonprofits will report increased learning in areas of fundraising and marketing by the end of the campaign.
- Provide 20+ unique nonprofit and donor learning opportunities through San Diego Gives University.
YOU can help make these ambitious goals a reality by sharing your time and talents with the organizations participating in San Diego Gives. These organizations are looking for volunteers to help set up their donation pages, create templates for peer-to-peer fundraising, market their campaign through email and social media, and more. Volunteers will be needed from June - September when their work culminates on San Diego Gives Day: September 8, 2022.
How to get started:
- Log into your HandsOn San Diego account or create one. You can create a FREE Community Emergency Support account if you will only be participating in the San Diego Gives opportunities.
- Review the volunteer opportunities below to find ones that fit your skills and/or passions.
- Click the "Express Interest" button on the volunteer opportunity you would like to help with. A team member from that organization will reach out to you about next steps.